No other brand in the indoor tanning industry combines an extraordinary customer experience, sound management practices, unparalleled value and a commitment to tanning wisely like Palm Beach Tan. Our comprehensive franchise support ensures that these standards of excellence are pursued and maintained consistently from market to market, salon to salon, associate to associate.
PBT supports all franchisees with turnkey training, ongoing operations and marketing support, advanced IT support and group buying power — backed by the most experienced and attentive team available in franchising today. To be sure, you are in business for yourself as a PBT franchisee, but we are with you every step of the way, from pre-opening and for years to come.
Powerful Brand Recognition / Marketing
As a Palm Beach Tan franchisee, you have the confidence of being part of the most recognized brand in the industry — a brand that sets the standard for quality, service and value. Our brand strategy is built directly from our vigilant tracking and understanding of customer insights. By aligning the brand’s messaging with ever-changing consumer trends, the Palm Beach Tan brand connects with consumers in an emotional way by demonstrating that PBT can fulfill their need to feel beautiful and confident. Our comprehensive marketing support system drives new customers, builds current member loyalty, expands brand equity and extends brand reach through innovative communications channels, social media, influencers and CRM tools. Rest assured, as a PBT franchisee, nothing is left to chance when it comes to marketing your salons.
Automated Internal Systems
Palm Beach Tan is pioneering the use of information technology in the tanning industry to streamline operations and control costs. We use a specialized industry software system to provide automated billing, inventory management, equipment control and management tracking capabilities. By fully automating routine operations tasks, managers and staff spend their time supporting the brand’s mission to deliver the very best experience for our members.
Our advanced information systems allow Palm Beach Tan to track membership data, tanning activity, sales information and seasonal fluctuations in a timely fashion. We also use this information to develop marketing programs that optimize revenue and minimize seasonal fluctuations.
Group Purchasing Power
As part of one of the largest and fastest growing tanning brand families in the country, Palm Beach Tan franchisees enjoy vendor pricing and continuous vendor support that is unparalleled in the industry. Palm Beach Tan is proud to feature state-of-the-art sunbed and sunless tanning equipment from the world’s most technologically advanced manufacturers. To help you offer the ultimate tanning experience to your customers, PBT continuously strives to secure discounted pricing on the finest equipment. Our corporate staff regularly researches and tests equipment from many suppliers, ensuring that our customers not only have state-of- the-art choices in equipment, but that our franchisees also receive the most competitive pricing possible based on our combined purchasing power and no franchisor markup. In addition, we leverage our group purchasing power to obtain discounts on lotions and related products, tanning lamps, printing, media, insurance and more, covering virtually everything you will need to open and operate your tanning salon.
Powerful Brand Extension
As the largest brand in the industry, Palm Beach Tan has created its own line of private label tanning and skin care products. With multiple lines of the brand’s expansive Palm Beach Tan Premier Collection®, PBT extends the power of its brand into these best-in-class products. From sunbed tanning and sunless tanning lotions to facial products, tan extenders and body washes, the collection, available only at Palm Beach Tan locations, has generated significant incremental revenue for PBT franchisees while building the Palm Beach Tan brand beyond our brick and mortar salons.
Experienced Franchise Staff
Our franchise support staff has over 70 years combined experience in multi-unit retail operations in many successful brands. This collection of industry experts offers continuous support to help you maximize your business opportunities year after year. We have developed management tools that create a structured approach to staffing, marketing, servicing and managing your business. You benefit from our experience in evaluating, implementing and continuously refining a highly successful business model. We offer routine performance evaluations of your salon through monthly operations calls as well as periodic on-site visits so that you and your team can continue to maximize your potential. Ongoing consultation and support are designed to help you make the most of your business opportunities.
Palm Beach Tan Online Support
You’ll have access to our very own administrative website and intranet to help you run your business no matter where you are or what time of day it is. You will have access to our Support Site, which contains business management documents including training manuals, operational tools, store forms, vendor contacts, order forms and more. Through our secure intranet, you can access our online reporting tools to monitor key performance metrics and store statistics.
Marketing Your Salon
- The right to use the Palm Beach Tan name, logo and trademarks.
- The Palm Beach Tan marketing team. Our marketing team is a group of seasoned professionals that understands the business, how to attract and retain customers, and how to increase sales in each and every salon. The team is there to not only manage the brand, but also to advise franchisees on how to achieve the full potential of each salon. A coordinated marketing effort ensures efficiency in your marketing spending.
- A turnkey marketing program to promote your grand opening — complete custom grand opening plan (including templates, artwork, advertising and sponsorship recommendations) and implementation guidelines. Our marketing consultants are on hand to guide you through the process.
- Competitive rates for advertising and marketing campaigns through our ability to buy high-volume media placements, along with inexpensive exposure through our heavily visited website.
- A carefully managed and continually updated website, CRM program, social media presence and internet marketing program designed to push more customers to your salon as well as retain loyal members.
Every Step of the Way
We’re with you throughout your Palm Beach Tan journey. From selecting your site to your Grand Opening and beyond, our franchise support staff are here to offer guidance, answer questions, give advice and make suggestions to help create and sustain a professional and sound investment. Along the way, we’ll help you with the following:
Selecting the Site
Our franchise support staff will advise you on one of your most important decisions — where your salon will be located. Throughout that process, we will help you with the following:
- Assist you with identifying locations that fit the proven profile of other successful Palm Beach Tan retail outlets. Our highly developed proprietary mapping systems help identify the most productive potential trade areas by comparing demographic data to that of the most successful salons’ trade areas nationwide. This includes providing you with a demographic comparison study analyzing population density, average household income, disposable income and many other demographic specifics.
- Provide competitive market analysis for your proposed trade areas that not only assists you with the placement of new Palm Beach Tan locations, but also serves to isolate existing salon acquisition opportunities.
Our state-of-the-art equipment is a major component to the success of Palm Beach Tan. To help you with this critical aspect of the business, we provide you with the following:
- Assistance in designing the proper tanning bed mix for your particular salon.
- Introductions to leasing and financing companies well suited for your financial needs.
- Pre-negotiated group discounts on tanning beds and lamps via our supply network.
Building Your Own Salon
Our franchise support staff will help you prepare your salon for opening day by:
- Guiding you through the design and construction process.
- Providing access to our proven team of Palm Beach Tan vendors, including architects, contractors, construction consultants, electrical and HVAC experts, and more. The experience of these vendors with Palm Beach Tan may result in substantial build-out savings, including a quicker timeline to opening your salon. Throughout the process, nothing is left to chance. Our team approach ensures that you’ll get all the support you need.
- Assisting you with your purchases of everything from our approved point-of-sale systems and operating software to our state-of-the-art sunbed and sunless tanning equipment, insurance, phone systems and full line of professional tanning and skin products and accessories.
- Sharing our nationwide list of suppliers so you can equip your salon with the highest quality products and equipment at negotiated rates.
- Providing you with an online opening rollout checklist that will guide you through the construction and pre-opening phase of your project in a timely and efficient manner. In addition to this resource, our staff will be right there with you at every step to make sure your construction process is rewarding, educational and free of headaches and cost overruns.
Staff Recruitment and Training
We’ll advise you on how to recruit staff including utilizing online recruitment tools on our website. In addition, we’ll teach you how to conduct interviews for hiring high-potential employees. Finally, we provide thorough training, including the following:
You will be taught by seasoned professionals to help you become an efficient and effective owner/manager. We’ll focus on industry background, tanning procedures, employee recruitment and management, software tools and use, payroll, customer service, pricing strategies, marketing and advertising strategies, sales, facility and equipment maintenance, and more.
Your principal operators will have the opportunity to train alongside some of our most successful salon managers in existing Palm Beach Tan locations. Learning how to effectively manage, direct and coach a salon staff doesn’t happen overnight. Understanding that the best way to learn is through practice, we invite our new franchise operators to train for four weeks in a designated corporate training store. During that time, training topics include sales philosophy, equipment maintenance, POS training, scheduling, local store marketing and more.
On-site training at your salon for you and your entire staff — focusing on the interrelationship of sales, customer service and profitability. Employees learn the Palm Beach Tan selling process, which emphasizes equipment and product knowledge, as the best way to meet customer needs.
Chances to improve your operation never end. We have a modular training system that furnishes ongoing employee training, including all the skills and techniques required to operate a Palm Beach Tan salon.